So it could be any kind of bag really and admittedly I'm borrowing a bit from March's 'gift of the month', but Aly Bond recently made this beautiful clutch bag for a friend at a very reasonable price, so I was keen to put this forward in it's own right as a gift idea.
A group of us wanted to give our friend a personalised and individual gift to celebrate her 40th birthday recently. Each of us put a little message and/or picture on a square piece of cotton using fabric pens and then took them to Aly with a broad idea on what we wanted them sewn into. She then gave more specific suggestions and once agreed, made a lovely clutch bag using leather she supplied (she reuses a wide variety and colour-range of off-cuts and recycled pieces from various suppliers) and the fabric squares we'd given to her within the lining.
It was a really effective and professional finished piece which we then presented with gift vouchers inside...
- Decorated candle gifts
- Gift of the month: A gin-lover's heaven
- Easy Children in Need outfit for school
- Excellent value remote control helicopter
- How to cheat at the class Cake Bake!
- Aerobed: The best ever High Street airbed
- Thoughtful gifts for teachers
- Save money on train journeys: Split your ticket!
- Best mascara ever!
- Unique gift of the month: July